Dear Friends and Partners,
We are thrilled to announce that effective April 2023, we will transition from an organization under fiscal sponsorship to our own independent nonprofit entity. This transition enhances our capacity to effect change and address the complex policy issues that our state faces today. Our new structure gives us greater control in strengthening our impact towards building a more inclusive and resilient California.
As part of this new chapter, we redesigned our website and branding with our audience, partners, and supporters in mind. New features allow viewers to:
- swiftly access rigorous research to support informed decisionmaking about California’s future through a new comprehensive resource library;
- learn about our work across key policy priorities;
- see and celebrate the results of our collective efforts to drive systems change;
- keep up to date with what we’re currently working on by viewing our Work In Progress; and
- customize the website to their specific visual needs and preferences.
Our goal is to make California Competes’s resources and research as accessible as possible, and the updated website will help to achieve this objective.
We extend our heartfelt appreciation to all our supporters who have contributed to California Competes’s progress and impact so far. Your dedication and partnership have played a vital role in bringing us to where we stand today.
As we move forward, we remain committed to regularly evaluating our organizational structure and communications strategy to ensure that we are well-equipped to advance equitable opportunities for all Californians.
Please take a moment to explore our new website and branding, and let us know what you think.
Su Jin Jez, PhD